Friday, July 18, 2008

Washing Windows

I've been waiting for over a week now to receive some manifestation of what I should blog about. What in the world am I supposed to be writing here anyway? No such manifestation has been received so I'm just going to have to wing it. Here I go: Yesterday, a man knocked on my front door and asked if I would like to have the windows in my house cleaned. "Absolutely" I replied, I mean, who doesn't like clean windows? So after agreeing upon a reasonable price, he and his three employees went to work. It had been two years since I last had my windows cleaned, and the debris accumulated on all of these glass panes throughout my home was quite astonishing, and definitely disgusting. When they finished I couldn't get over how beautiful it was to see the outside world without all of the water marks, dust, and scum marring my view. For the first time in a long time, I could see! Last night as I was walking through my living room I actually took time to gaze out at the stars and the gorgeous full moon, all shining brightly through my pristine windows. As I went to bed contemplating the difference a clean window can make, I thought, "Wow, if only I could clean my mind's eye view of the world the way these men cleaned my windows". If only I could wipe away the cob webs, dust and scum that clutter my heart and mind as easily. If only I had an internal source of soap and a squeegee that would always allow me to see the beauty and majesty that exists within the walls of my own home no matter the circumstances. If only...

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

if only....indeed!

I need a guy to come ask me if he can clean my windows.


Your blog is looking good. I love that you added a picture and some things about yourself.

Shumway Family said...

I just looked up your blog -- I am SO tired from this morning!

I had a guy come clean my windows in April - bad month- it rained like every day in May so I was just thinking this morning I should have them come out in the summer instead.

kamcicle said...

did you just use the word 'marring?' see you tomorrow! happy birthday to mom! i'm stealing her dessert. muuhahahaha!! <---that's my evil laugh,