Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dear Dad

Dear Dad,

I miss you. It’s been nearly 4 months since you left and I still miss you. Desperately. Everyday. I see you everywhere and in everything. It’s heartbreaking and comforting all at the same time.

Do you still see me? Do you hear me crying to God at night? I keep asking Him to tell you that I love you. I hope He has. I need for you to know. I need for you to know that you are a wonderful father and I am so very proud to be your daughter. I need you to know how honored I am to be a little piece of you still living on this earth.

Dad, there is something I need to tell you. You gave me some advice about how I was raising my kids last summer. It made me mad. It made me want to fight back with some harsh words. Instead I just kept it inside. I want you to know that you were right. You were right all along. Please keep sending me your advice. I need it, even when I refuse to realize I need it. I’m stubborn like you, so sometimes it takes a little while to sink in.

I’m trying to be tough, but sometimes I can’t. I’m trying to work hard and be a woman of my word. I’m doing my best to make you proud. I hope you are watching.

I love you dad.

Your daughter,

Kristen

6 comments:

The Gallagher Family said...

love you kristen.

Millie said...

after nearly 5 years, I still miss my dad.
Go to the temple. I always feel my dad there.

Kristin said...

*sniff*
good to see you back on your blog. Love you!

gina said...

No words. Just love--
and the feeling that He IS watching you.

I've missed you much...

Kathleen said...

"T"
He is watching over you. . . . and he is very proud of you and always has been and always will be. It was always in his eyes. Remember, if you think you have felt him, or had a flash memory of him, he is close by helping guide you. He has joined your circle of angels (probably in charge :))

Love you sweet daughter.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.