Monday, June 11, 2012

Mourning

So - a dear friend of mine asked me on Friday night, "Why don't you blog anymore?". "That's a good question" my husband responded. My answer to both of them was a tired - it's complicated. Honestly, the best answer is two fold: First, I am not a good liar & I don't know how much of my life I was willing to put down for anyone to read. And second, I am just exhausted. Emotionally and physically exhausted. But then again, who isn't these days? In many ways I've been in a mourning holding pattern for nearly 3 years. Mourning a number of losses that I still find it difficult to talk about. However, the last few months I've actually been thinking about writing again - and maybe I just needed a little push to give it a try. Thank you Kim, for the push. Thank you to my friends & family who have loved me through thick & thin. I think it's about time I got out of the holding pattern and live life without the mourninging for a while.

2 comments:

kamcicle said...

i thought it was just because you forgot your password!! ;) love you! welcome back!

Mauri said...

I agree that it's hard to put your personal feelings out there for everyone to read. I don't blog for that reason. I wrote, but don't share. I really appreciated some of your earlier posts. You wrote about things that a lot of people experience, but since they are hard to talk about, everyone goes around facing similar challenges in isolation. I'll look forward to reading anything you write about.