Sunday, August 17, 2008

Enough with the Chaos already!

School starts this week. I'm torn because I love being with my kids during the summer. NOTHING beats the combination of sunshine, laziness & giggling. But I can only handle the chaos summer brings for so long. Do you know what I mean? I started out the summer so organized with chore charts, summer homework and clipboards. About 3 weeks into it is when I feel myself submitting to the craziness - telling myself to just enjoy these summer moments and to go with the flow. For the "Type A" person that I am, it takes enormous mental effort to just go with the flow. Pretty sad, but still true. So by the end of the summer when absolutely everything that can possible be messy and cluttered in my house is now messy and cluttered I begin to worry a tad bit about my sanity. Seriously, I can barely make my way through my kids rooms, the playroom, and the garage. So I'm doing my best to not be running around like a crazy woman shouting, "enough with the chaos already!" I keep reminding myself that in a few weeks I will have the time to clean, organize, and straighten, and it honestly isn't going to kill me if I just let it go for now. Sometimes I just have a hard time believing. So I'm going to take a deep breath and keep trying to go with the flow.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Being a part of the Ricks chaos this summer has been a delightful ride. Sometimes we're a roller coaster and other times we're just happily entertained having a "Bobble Head" moment. Unlike Kristen, I have the advantage of retreating to my little corner of the world in my studio room at the far end of the basement. (Ahhh-retreat)

kamcicle said...

just let go of the clipboards man...like burning your bra. let it ride!

Shumway Family said...

This is exactly how I feel. This is also why I couldn't sleep and started working on things at 3:30am - and another reason why I can't get up to exercise!

I love summer but am looking forward to structure - for all of us.

Off to catch a few winks before I get up with the troops.