Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten




Today I sent my baby off to kindergarten. I couldn't decide whether to cry or giggle uncontrollably - so I just stared blankly at the school doors after walking her inside. What did I do with my four hours of complete, independent freedom? First things first, I went to lunch at the Paradise Bakery with my mom. (I must say that their crumbly blue cheese salad IS paradise!) Then it was off to Costco with no children in tow, and after putting away the groceries I took a nap. Yes, let me repeat that, I TOOK A NAP!! I did all of that while Kaitlyn was in kindergarten. No wonder I wanted to giggle uncontrollably - it's been 10 years since I've had that kind of freedom. I woke up from my nap as the bus was driving around the neighborhood dropping off children from school. I ran to the front porch and waited anxiously for Kaitlyn. I saw her come around the corner holding hands with her big sister in that cute little uniform, and what did I do? I started to cry.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Have to say it was so cute watching my little girl watch her little girl start kindergarten. . .blessing of being a mom and grandma.

Chelsea said...

Kristen, what a beautiful family picture! You look so good--I can see why you keep looking at it. I know I've already told you, but I love this post. I'm so glad you blog.