Friday, December 19, 2008

I am . . .

I am . . . almost 38 years old. Wow that went by really fast.
I think. . . way too much, half of the time about stuff that doesn’t really matter.
I know. . . my friends are there for me. They may be laughing, but they are there!
I want. . . to be able to run forever without getting tired.
I have. . . laughed so hard I peed my pants. Seriously.
I dislike. . . really bad chocolate. If you are going to make chocolate, make it right, dang it!
I miss. . . the fall in Vermont.
I fear. . . dying in an airplane crash. Irrational, yet true.
I feel. . . content.
I hear . . . my kids playing star wars.
I smell. . . popcorn.
I crave. . . really good chocolate, diet coke, and . . . I’ll just leave it at that :)
I cry . . . too much, but at least it means I can still feel.
I search. . . Caleb’s eyes to determine if he is telling the truth.
I wonder. . . if I am being a good mom.
I regret. . . not talking about post-partum depression until after the birth of my third child.
I wish. . . I had my own soda fountain with endless diet coke and yummy ice.
I love. . . snuggles, hugs & kisses.
I care. . . about crumbs in my silverware drawer. There seems to be an endless supply of them.
I always. . . sleep with a full glass of water by the side of my bed.
I worry. . . about my kids growing up in a crazy world.
I am not. . . a fashionista. Blue jeans, t-shirts & sweatshirts. That pretty much sums it up.
I remember. . . budgeting $25 a week for groceries.
I believe. . . in Karma.
I sing. . . in the car. Big time.
I don’t . . . like sarcasm.
I argue. . . very seldomly. But when I do, watch out!
I write. . . to unclog my brain and my heart.
I win. . . sometimes I guess, but it’s not a big deal to me.
I lose. . . at rock, paper, scissors. EVERY TIME.
I listen. . . to the news, talk radio, and 80’s rock.
I don’t understand. . . a whole heckuva lot.
I can usually be found. . . drinking a diet coke.
I need. . . sleep. Tons & tons of sleep.
I forget. . . my keys, my phone, my phone number, pretty much anything and everything that can be forgotten.
I am happy. . . period.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

"I am . . ."
grateful = for you
proud = of you
in admiration = of you
friends = with you
mom = of you
love = you, you, you, you and you

Kristin said...

Your mom is so cute. My mom never comments on my blog...

I didn't know you had PPD. I think that's when my depression started, after the first baby. Depression sucks, but talking about it has never been a problem for me. I blab to anyone who will listen!

Kristen said...

Thanks Kristin! Yea, my mom is pretty darn cute. She leaves a comment on every post :)

Someday I'd love to chat with you about the whole depression thing. I had no clue that PPD could be so difficult & overwhelming. After my first baby I called my OB about my depression. He literally said, "are you suicidal?" When I said no, then he said, "then don't worry about it. It'll go away". How's that for good medical advice? So I shut up about it until my husband finally forced me to confront it. God bless him, 'cause I never would have gotten help if he hadn't.

Kristi said...

you = so very cute.

It's fun to get to know you better thru your blog. This was a fun post to read.

Merry Christmas!

gina said...

Have a lovely Christmas!

I want to comment more on PPD as well, but will when it isn't Christmas Eve and I have a million things to do. But I'll quickly say -with PPD I was like you though, and didn't talk about it for years. It always surprises me so many go through it, and wished I'd taken advantage of the 'talkers' who could have really helped me, would have loved to help me if they'd known or - if I'd let them. Oh well - live and learn-and keep eyes open for someone to help. I guess all those hard things are good things that teach us compassion for others -and compassion for ourselves. Lessons I'm still learning - But I will never judge new moms (or hopefully anyone) again.

Anyway - Merry Christmas.