Saturday, December 27, 2008

We love Christmas!

The kids slept in until 8 am on Christmas morning. This would have been perfect if I had been able to sleep past 6 am - I still get as excited as the kids to see what Santa has brought. Except for my excitement is all about the grins on their faces and their shouts of delight. This year was fantastic. We got together as a family in November and talked about how many families are struggling with having enough money right now. We drew a "Christmas Pie" to represent what our kids usually receive for Christmas, and asked them how much of their pie they would be willing to give to another family who didn't have a very large "Christmas Pie" of their own. The generosity of kids never ceases to amaze me.
Merry Christmas Daddy! The kids gave Mike the first season of "The Simpsons"



Kaitlyn asked Santa for "American Doll Girl" twins. Yes, that's how she says it, no matter how many times we ask, "are you sure they aren't called American Girl Dolls?". She saw a picture of them in August when Kass & I returned from our trip to Chicago. She carried that picture around until it literally fell apart into little pieces. Here she is opening the only gift she wanted from Santa.

Kassidy wanted Santa to bring her a chair for her bedroom. He brought her an ottoman, rug & lamp as well. It made Santa kind of sad to hear that her list now consists of furnishings and clothing instead of Barbies and toys. I had to explain to him that kids grow up. He shed a few tears over that one. :)


Caleb's facial expressions are priceless. Here he is opening up his Wii sports pack. As soon as he saw the "Mario Cart" steering wheel - he knew that he must be getting the game as well. He has played Mario Cart so much in the last 2 days, that I think his eyes may permanently glaze over.
We have spent the last few days in our pj's, eating treats, and enjoying Christmas! We hope that you've been able to do some of the same.
Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Your Christmas looks pictue perfect! I love your "pie" idea. What a great way to teach your children compassion and selflesness.

Thank-you for sending a Christmas card my way. Your beautiful kids make me smile.

Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

So fun to hear about your Christmas and see pictures of your cute kids. Santa also delivered American Girl Dolls to my 2 daughters who have wanted them for a LONG time!

gina said...

Merry Christmas!
It looks like your family had a lot of fun. Isn't it funny how exhausting it all is, yet totally worth it when you see your kids faces? I love that.

Karla said...

Kristen, You are AWESOME and I thank you for your thoughtful note and for the Christmas card you send each year. It's great to see your blog, which I will be adding to my list to check! There are great USU memories but...there is also the present! Let's see if you can run into each other sometime!