Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Teton Valley Rocks!






We went up to visit Mike's parents this weekend. It had been way too long since our last visit, so all 5 of us were mighty excited to get to Grandma & Grandpa Ricks' house at the base of the Teton Mountains. Before I married Mike, my exposure to Idaho had pretty much been limited to the Pocatello area, which I didn't find all that exciting (sorry to all you Pocatello fans). I remember the first time I visited Mike's childhood home in Driggs, Idaho. We got there around midnight so I had no idea how incredibly BEAUTIFUL it was until I woke up the next morning. For those of you who have never been to Teton Valley - it is absolutely amazing. The beauty of the mountains surrounded by rolling farms and small towns is the best stress reliever that I have ever found. Mike and I joke that even the clocks run slower there. It has become as dear to my heart as my own hometown, and now I get to watch my children take advantage of all that it has to offer. For the entire weekend they filled their days with throwing rocks, riding horses with their Uncle Tim, and "swimming" in Grandma & Grandpa's hot tub. It is a beautiful, serene, and simple place. Visiting has always helped me to look at my life from a new perspective, and I always leave with a strong desire to SIMPLIFY! If you haven't been there, boy are you missing out!

2 comments:

kamcicle said...

it's *pocatell-AH*. although i prefer burley myself.

Shumway Family said...

Super Fun! I love that area - every time we cross the border I think that I need to buy a farm and live up there. Then I realize the farm animals would starve and I'd have a real mess on my hands!

It really is beautiful and so nice to get away. The kids look like they are having so much fun!

Fun to see you at Costa Vida tonight!

see you bright and early!