Sunday, September 21, 2008

A few things I've just got to say

So, I've been a political junkie since High School, and various aspects of this Presidential Election have been like a dream come true for me. Now with the nomination of Sarah Palin to the VP position on the Republican ticket, there are a few things that I just have to get off my chest. I am absolutely sick and tired of the "feminist establishment" out there telling me that because I happen to be a stay-at-home mom and pro-life that I am somehow NOT a feminist. They are now employing the same techniques to discredit my belief system that they themselves fought against for nearly 40 years. I am grateful to those strong women who have gone before me clearing the way for choices and freedoms I now enjoy that women before me would never have dreamed were possible. I happen to be incredibly lucky to have 2 amazing women as my mom and step-mom who helped me to believe that I could do anything and achieve anything. So, let me set the record straight with the "feminist establishment" (not that they would actually read this, but it sure does make me feel better). I am INDEED a feminist. To be more specific, I would consider myself to be a Cultural Feminist, meaning that I believe men and women are intrinsically different, but these differences and their contributions to society should be valued equally. So to Sarah Palin I say, you go girl! And to the so called establishment I say, take a look at the strong women I am priviledged to know who are raising sons to respect and revere womanhood, and daughters to embrace and be empowered by their womanhood, and you will have a glimpse of how these woman are literally changing the world in a way that your ranting, raving & protesting never will. Yes, these are the women who are changing the world, and I am proud to among them

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I'm so proud of my feminist daughter. . . .you go girl! One day you will be in politics and it's not too far in the future. I'm proud of you.