Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our week was exciting because...

2 teeth were lost! Caleb lost one of his two front teeth while playing with classmates on his field trip. This was a good thing, as it was so loose that it was literally pointing straight out (No lie!). He still hasn't put it under his pillow, but is saving it in his sock drawer. I had to convince him that the tooth fairy will only come and take it if it is under his pillow. Right now he just thinks it is too cool looking to part with. Kaitlyn lost her first tooth EVER while she was in kindergarten. She cried at first because it scared her, but then was excited to be getting so big. She placed it under her pillow as soon as she got home from school as the prospect of money is much more exciting to her than a cool looking tooth.

I bottled peaches! No that is not a misprint - I seriously bottled peaches & peach jam - and I seriously loved it! This was my first time bottling anything, as I made a promise to myself when I was young that I would never bottle anything. Don't ask why as it is a complicated answer, but oh the naivete of youth. I'm finally learning to never promise myself that I will never do something based on ideas that I honestly know little about (buying the minivan starting breaking me in to this new doctrine of "never saying never", as I had also once swore that I would never own a minivan). Needless to say, oh the practicality of adulthood. I must also say that I did it with 2 of the greatest girlfriends. We had such a fabulous time. Chelsea & Maureen - you both rock!

Kassidy and I went for our first run together! How cool is that? Hopefully it will become a regular activity. I told her that running is such a great thing to do together, because we can do it together for years to come. "That is until you are old and get arthritis" she told me. Very true, yet not something I enjoy being reminded of.

With the economic chaos swirling around these days, I just thought it would be nice to think about the simple things that make life good.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

It's is so fun to witness the events of the Ricks Family; they have learned to enjoy the journey of life. Also, it was rewarding for those of us who got to eat the peach jam made by T's own hands. You go Girl!