Wednesday, October 1, 2008

5 am comes mighty early

I have a couple of girlfriends that I workout with in the mornings. Now, I'm pretty obsessive when it comes to getting enough sleep, so for the past few weeks I've been thinking about why in the world I roll my hiney (spelling doesn't count on blogs does it?) out of bed at 5 am every morning. I mean, it is pitch black, I'm nearly delirious, and everyone else in my home is still snug in their beds sleeping. I know that I do it because it makes me feel strong and all that...but, I've concluded that if I'm really honest with myself, I do it because it is one of the ONLY things that I do in this life that is just for me. Sometimes I think as we become husbands & wives, moms & dads, employees, employers, and followers of our faith, we can easily forget to spend quality time just on ourselves. Five o'clock in the morning has become that little piece of heaven that I have carved out just for me. As exhausting as it may be, dang it sure feels good!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm so glad you make time to work out because it total motivates me to do the same thing. I love it when you update your blogs!

Good run this morning--you are an awesome workout partner.

Kathleen said...

Keep up this good work and I will continue to smile and be proud of you while I sleep in the morning.

Girls, my spirit runs with you (after all, American Native Blood must run through my veins--why else would my spirit leave to be with you in the morning).

Kathleen said...

Correction, I meant to say "Native American Blood" must run through my veins. . . . . .actually I just wanted to say Indian