Friday, January 9, 2009

Typical Caleb


Caleb was in his bedroom getting ready for bed tonight when he came out onto the landing to tell me something. He hollered, "Hey mom! Guess What?". To which I responded, "What is it buddy?". This was what he had to tell me, WORD FOR WORD.
"In Science today we were learning about cells, that make up tissue, that make up organs, that make up organ systems, that make up the digestive system."
"Oh really? That's pretty cool buddy!" was my response. He then began to list the organs involved in his digestive system while pointing to his body to indicate where they are located. After explaining how the liver sends bile to the stomach to break up molecules from the food we eat, I finally asked the all important questions I must ask my 7 year old before bed each night. "So did you brush your teeth and go potty?" He nodded yes & I sent him off to bed. I stood there wondering - where did this kid come from & how can I get him to share some of his brain cells with me? He's so darn cute that I just want to eat him up!


1 comment:

Sandi said...

I know this has nothing to do with you post, but I had to reply to your comment on my blog.

My prayers are with you and your husband! I have been through this before and the pain is intense and immense. Hang on to each other and your little family. We can talk when you get back.

Love you