Friday, January 2, 2009

Utah does have the greatest snow on earth!


I went skiing today for the first time this season. I'm not the best skier, as I'm just too dang cautious (and chicken) to be really good. But since our family returned to Utah, I've fallen in love with snow skiing all over again. So today I went skiing with 6 high school girlfriends and had an absolute ball. It was a day full of fun, some pain :), and life lessons. I've discovered that there is much to be learned each day if I will only pay attention to the little pieces of life that seem to pass by so quickly. Here are a few things I learned today on the ski slopes with some fantastic ladies.

  1. Women ROCK!!! Okay, okay, so I already knew that one. But it was confirmed again today as I talked with, laughed with, and skied with these ladies.
  2. Please don't ever, and I mean EVER talk about your bowel movements with a complete stranger. Jessie and I shared a chair lift with a gentleman from San Francisco who felt compelled to share with us the difficulties involved in snow skiing while constipated. SERIOUSLY! He was quite detailed in his explanation, and I was at a loss for words, as was Jessie, which is highly unusual! (I love ya Jess!)
  3. I seriously need to take some skiing lessons, as I was way out of my league with these gals.
  4. Time spent in the Lodge should be just as fun (if not more so) than time on the slopes.
  5. Ice cold wind with flecks of snow do not feel good when inhaled into the lungs.
  6. There will always be rocks in life. You can dodge them, pretend they aren't there, or just plain run over them. But find a way to deal with the rocks, then move on and have some fun.
  7. We all fall. It sure does help to have someone help you up & laugh with you when you're done though.
  8. This world needs peace. So, let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.
  9. Sometimes it is absolutely wonderful to get caught up in the experience of life and forget about everything else.
  10. and oh yeah, women rock!

Thanks ladies! I had the best day!

7 comments:

BrandonG said...

Women do Rock! I will not lie and tell you I wish I was there. I HATE the cold and the snow, But you are all welcome to join me at the beach. I would love it!

BrandonG said...

Well shit...This is Sandi, not Brandon and it won't let me delete the above comment. It is telling me I don't have any cookies. What the hell does that mean? and how does blogger know I need to go to the store? Anyway. I love you-

Sandi Benson
on Brandon's laptop.

Kristen said...

LOL! I don't know how blogger knows you don't have cookies, but I have chocolate cake :) Now if only I could figure out a way to share it with you through my blog :) I may take you up on that beach offer so watch out!

kamcicle said...

look at you all fancy with the pictures and the indentations!!

Kristi said...

I'm glad it was fun! I haven't been skiing in ages. I knew the rest of that group had serious skills, so I opted out of making a fool of myself. Usually I don't mind being a fool, but not when there's a good chance of physical injury. ;)

I am lol about the "constipated skiier" story. That is so random!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! OK, I'm laughing at the comment of Jessie being at a loss of words (you know she's my next door neighbor, so I know Jessie very well), so it must have been some conversation for Jessie to be speechless! Too funny!

gina said...

Love how you called the constipated chatter a "gentleman". That at least makes you a lady. Funny story and fun day. I'd have been with you in the lodge. A few runs and I'm done for the day. I hate hate hate being cold. And falling. And fear falling getting off the lift and making other people fall. This has happened. But being with old friends... that sounds awesome.

I totally understand the forgetful stuff you wrote about. I forget everything. Every time I make a bottle - adding formula- lose count. There are only 4 to keep track of. Not sure, I dump it and have to start over. I also have mathzeimers disease - forgetting all the math I ever learned.