Monday, November 3, 2008

Man, I love this little guy!

Okay, so my son Caleb is a little too much like his mom when it comes to loving and needing sleep. This makes it very difficult to get him out of bed in the mornings for school. The school bus comes at 7:30 am, which means I wake the kids at 6:30 am. It usually takes Caleb at least 2 times of being "officially woken up" before he can actually function and get his clothes on. It's when I have to trudge up the stairs 3 or 4 times that I really begin to loose my patience.


This morning I sent Kassidy back up stairs for me to see if Caleb was out of bed and getting dressed yet, while I manned the Cinderella waffle maker. And surprise, surprise, he was still sleeping. So I started a new waffle and hustled upstairs to push and prod my seven year old stinker into waking up. I was NOT HAPPY when I entered his room, so I was prepared to use my "mean mommy" voice and demand that he GET OUT OF BED!!! But as I turned him over to give him a little talking to I noticed a tiny yellow paper airplane laying on the bed beside him. I picked it up, it was quite intricate as far as paper airplanes go, and noticed that he had written something on it. I quietly opened the airplane, praying that I would somehow know how to refold it when I was done, and read the words he had written. This is what it said:


To: Dad
Your the best. I love you dad.
And you are realy silly.
I love you dad. The end.
From: Caleb

He looked at me with his sleepy little eyes and said, "that's why I'm so tired mom, I stayed up late making that paper airplane". There was no "mean mommy" voice left in me. How could there be? He had stayed up late writing his daddy a note and making him a paper airplane. My heart literally melted on the spot, and I just had to hug him. Then I proceeded to help him get dressed in record time before I burnt the next Cinderella waffle. Man, I love this little guy!

Here he is gettin down at the Jazz game last Saturday night. You'll have to tilt your head to the side, as the mom videotaping still doesn't have much to speak of in the tech skills department.


4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love that "little guy" too. He loves life and it is so fun watching him live it. This has got to be a blast for his parents; cause it is for his grandma.

Kristi said...

awww, he sounds like such a sweet heart...

kamcicle said...

i love that he could not care less that people are watching him get down. that's my favorite.

Sandi said...

Cute Blog Kristen! It has been so fun reconnecting with my long ago and far away past.