Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Annual "Frank & Stein"

Kassidy, Kaitlyn & their cute neighborhood friends!!

My Mom & Kami as the Pink Ladies (I was one too, but someone had to take this cute picture)

Kassidy (a ghost from the 1800's), Caleb (Star Wars Clone Captain) & Kaitlyn (Dorthy)


Around our house we love to celebrate nearly everything, but we especially love to celebrate birthdays, the 4th of July, Christmas & Halloween. I think it has to do with the fact that these are my FAVORITE - and as the mom - I get to decide when & how to celebrate most of these things. I must say, this is one of the very cool benefits of being the mom :). So every year since moving to North Salt Lake we have held our own version of Halloween fun. It's called the "Frank & Stein" and it is always held the evening of Halloween. We buy yummy hotdogs from Costco & I wrap smaller hots dogs in Rhodes dinner rolls to create hotdog mummies, which happen to be very spooktaculer I might add! We also serve homemade rootbeer in frosted mugs (our makeshift "steins"). It's all very casual, and our friends come and celebrate with us before heading out to go trick-or-treating. Needless to say, it was once again a very, very
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

kamcicle said...

i ate so many hotdogs man...it's liek...not even funny.

Kathleen said...

The hotdogs were so good,I've had one for breakfast - twice - hee hee.

Kassidy & I are chilling out in my room, journaling and playing Cat Bowling and spying on blogs.

"It's fun" says Kassidy.

Have a spooky day; oh yeah Halloween is gone, so have a wonderful Sunday (but beware).

This message approved by Kass & Grams

Kristin said...

What a cute idea! love the kids' costumes, esp the 'ancient' ghost!