Tuesday, February 24, 2009

4th photo in my 4th folder


So I'm stealing this idea from my nephew's wife. She has a darling blog, and wrote a post about the fourth photo in her fourth folder. So I'm copying her, because ... 1. I was curious what my photo was, and 2. I thought it might force me to write about something new. I was right. This photo is from our trip to Paris a year and a half ago. Mike took it for me while standing in the middle of the busy street. Apparently it's a famous street known for it's famous fashion designers and all that (blah, blah, blah) but as you've probably noticed I'm not all that into fashion. I shop for my clothing at Costco, Target, and sometimes even Old Navy if I'm feeling a little "wild and crazy". Thinking about fashion is about as exciting to me as folding the laundry, so obviously, the importance of this street was lost on plain ole' me.
But as for Paris, I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! I used to always think, why do they always call Paris the most romantic city in the world? I figured it was just due to the French exaggerating about their own feelings of self-importance. I mean - where do they get off calling it that? Well, now I understand. I must preface this by saying that I have not been to every city in the world, BUT I have been to Paris. And I can now say that it is most definitely the most romantic city in my world.
The history, the museums, the architecture, the art, holy cow - the HISTORY! And that crazy tall tower that everyone always makes such a big deal about. They are ALL AMAZING!!! And the lights, the languages, the unique neighborhoods, the old subway, the trains, the FOOD - I loved it all. Mike and I wandered around Paris from sun up to way past sun down for three days. The fashion may have been lost on me, but the city itself was not.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

You've been to Paris? Jealous.

Fashion is lost on me too. I figure I've got at least 10 more years in the 'mom' uniform. jeans and Tee shirt baby. Bring on the bodily fluids!

Kathleen said...

One of the first things I asked Kristen about her trip was "Is Paris as romantic as they claim" and she said that she couldn't believe it but it was and they loved it. What a fun blog T. I love you.

Kristi said...

beautiful picture, and what an awesome opportunity for you! I went to Paris when I was young (like 10ish) and can't wait to go back. TFS!

gina said...

Beautiful, happy memories. To be IN LOVE - IN PARIS.... sounds perfect. Great picture.

Mike said...

Spending time in Paris together was one of those moments in life where the rest of the world just didn't matter. There were no fire drills, not meetings, just us. A time to truly remember and charish.