Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm just freakin tired

I've always hated the word "freakin". I mean, we all know what word is actually going through your mind when you say "freakin", but you just don't say it. However, I am grateful that it is used instead of the other word, because, well - I hate that one even more.

But here I am using it. FREAKIN. FREAKIN. FREAKIN. There, I said it again. I am just freakin tired. I am. I keep trying not to be, but I am. And tonight I'm just freakin tired of being freakin tired, and I'm freakin tired of pretending I'm not.

My awesome sister gave me this book that's all about "positive thinking" and that sort of stuff. (I'm working on the "no swearing" goal, can you tell?). To be honest, I believe in it. Probably not in the exact same way that she does, but I do believe in it. And man alive have I seen an amazing change in her since she began practicing that sort of stuff. (See, I avoided swearing again!) So I've been working on coming up with an "Affirmation" that I can repeatedly tell myself so I can be positive, productive, and generally happy. This is what I've come up with:

I am filled with energy, truth & light. I show respect for my mind, body & spirit by "feeding" them "healthy" things.

Okay, so that last sentence still needs a little work, but I've been working on it for a month already. Seriously! So here's the problem. Sometimes I'm just TIRED and I want to admit to myself that I'm tired. Sometimes I just want to eat a huge bowl of Dreyers Icecream or down 6 oatmeal cookies even though it is completely NOT healthy for my body. And, sometimes I just want to drive along in my wicked mini-van, listening to Def Leppard or AC/DC and sing at the top of my lungs to their NOT so spiritual songs. But damn it, I love 'em! (Oh crap, sorry about that one).

So, tomorrow when I wake up I'm going to tell myself that I'm "filled with energy, truth & light" and that I need to show respect for my mind, body & spirit. But for tonight, I am just freakin tired.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Go To Sleep Sweet GIrl! I feel for you!



*word verification is "Retry" Is that telling me something?

Kristi said...

lol! Do some visualizing for me too, k? ;)

I'm tired too. all.the.time.

Maybe spring will give us a little energy boost? All this snow is lovely, but really... no wonder we're tired!

Kathleen said...

Good freakin post dear daughter. By the way, there is nothing wrong with naps--they are a sure way to keep your affirmations going.

Kristin said...

My favorite is BFE. I didn't learn what it actually meant till just a few years ago, and it's HORRIBLE, but I still can't stop myself from saying it.
I think your mantra should be, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and damnit! People like me!" BC we do and you are.

Millie said...

Oh thank God. I thought it was just me that felt that way.
especially about the freakin' cookies.