Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Celebrating 25 Years of Friendship

Therese, me, some guy named Mark, and Amy (our 2009 trip)

Amy with her good friend Kevin Bacon, me & my pal Tom Hanks, and Therese with ole' what's his name at Universal Studios. (2007 trip)


Every year I get to take a trip with two of my closest girlfriends. We go away for 3 or 4 days and just have an absolute ball. These girls have been my friends since I was 13 years old. This year marks 25 years of friendship. 25 YEARS!!! They know ALL of my dirt, and thankfully, I know all of theirs as well. Between the three of us, that's some serious dirt! 25 years of dirt to be exact. We laugh hysterically from the moment we hit the airport terminal (we can't laugh until then because I'm always freaked out until we are sitting in the CORRECT terminal prior to our plane taking off), and don't stop for pretty much the entire trip. We've been doing this for 5 years now, and have been to St. George, Phoenix, Park City, McCall (Idaho), and So. California. What's hilarious is that we just pick up exactly where we left off the previous year. It's like one enormous party with year long potty breaks scattered throughout. We stay up late, eat way too many treats, and have one heckuva good time. We also tease the daylights out of each other, just like we were still in Jr. High. And oh, the stories I could tell, but many of them I'll have to take to the grave right along with me. But that is one of the most amazing things about REAL friends. They know the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they still love you. Thanks ladies! I'm already lookin' forward to next year!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

fun fun. Love friends.

Kristi said...

What a fabulous tradition! You are all so stinking cute. There is just nothing like good friends. I'm glad you have them!

Sabrina said...

I have friends like that and I miss them so much, I might even try that tradition of yours. Thanks for the idea. I am sorry about your Father-in-law

gina said...

That sounds so fun! I need to start a tradition like that. You all look so cute in the L.A.(I think) picture.

Kathleen said...

As Kristen's mom, I have watched these crazy girls grow from beautiful teenagers to the even more beautiful young women they are today and they are so fun and true to each other. I know I cherish the times I shared with them while they were growing up.

I'm impressed with their relationships together and want them to know that no matter how old they get; they will pick up where they left off. True statement.